Save the Chimps Wish List
Providing daily care for over 200 chimpanzees in 12 large, vibrant family groups spread over 150 acres is a big job!
In order to ensure the health and safety of our resident chimpanzees we follow strict guidelines when it comes to the food and enrichment we give to the chimps. In fact, each chimp has their own diet and medical needs with their own individualized care plan. The good news is our care staff has made it easy for you to contribute to the daily care and enrichment of our resident chimpanzees through our Amazon.com Wish List.
If you or your group wants to put together a care package or if you have bulk items you’d like to give our resident chimps, please refer to the list below of some of the chimps’ most needed and loved items. Thank you for your support!
Ship to address: Save the Chimps, 16891 Carole Noon Lane, Fort Pierce, FL 34945
If you prefer to drop off your donation, please only stop by on Sunday, Tuesday, or Thursday, between the hours of 10am and 3pm. Please understand that we cannot accommodate a tour or arrange for you to see the chimpanzees when dropping off donations. If you have any questions call 772-429-2225. Thank you for your support.
Toys & Enrichment Items
- Fleece blankets
- Kiddie pools (plastic)
- Small plastic toddler toys
- Large plastic toys or play sets (such as Little Tikes, Step 2)
- Kong dog toys (L or XL size)
- Children’s board books or pop-up books
- Stuffed animals (not stuffed with pebbles, beans, PVC, pellets or foam)
- Gift cards for: Dollar Tree, Home Depot, Lowe’s, Walmart, Target, Wildlife Toy Box, or Amazon
- Laundry soap
- Laundry baskets, plastic
- Trash cans – Brute with wheels & lids, 64-gallon
- Deck brushes
- Hand soap, hand sanitizer
- Liquid dish soap
- Paper towels
- Clothes pins
- Paper cups – 16 oz. or 3-5 oz.
Facility Needs/Capital Equipment*
- Golf carts, electric
- Golf cart batteries
- Washing machines (no dryers, please)
- Power tools
- Lawn equipment
- Gift cards for: Home Depot, Lowe’s, Harbor Freight Tools)
Food Enrichment Items
- Nuts in shells (any kind, unsalted)
- Sunflower seeds (unsalted)
- Dried fruit, including raisins and dried cranberries
- Peanut butter (no sugar added)
- Rice and oatmeal
- Powdered Gatorade or Powerade (any flavor)
- Unsweetened cereal (such as Cheerios, Rice Krispies, Bran Chex, Kix, Mini Wheats, and Grape Nuts)