Planning for Member Day
We hope that you can join us on one of these very special days at the sanctuary. Registration is required! Click here for Tour Times and Registration.
Plan for your special day at Save the Chimps.
- Photographs will be permitted, so bring your camera! Considering the distance of the islands, if you have a camera with a longer lens, bring it. We have a Member Day photo contest and the winner receives a piece of chimp art! Submit your favorite photos by sending the to email@example.com by 5pm on the Wednesday directly after the event.
- We will be accepting in-kind donations. Visit our wish list for ideas of items the chimps need and love.
- There will be plenty of merchandise for sale – all things chimp, of course!
- Please be sure to wear comfortable shoes and sunscreen, and carry drinking water. Sunscreen, hats, sunglasses, umbrellas, rain boots, rain jackets, and binoculars are recommended. We walk on dirt roads and grassy areas so closed toed shoes are also recommended. Please note you will have to carry what you bring.
- The event will take place rain or shine.
- There will be no physical contact with the chimpanzees. Did you know chimpanzees are estimated to be 4-7 times stronger than an adult human?
- All guests will be required to sign a waiver of liability which you will receive online upon registering for the event. Signed waivers need to be returned upon arrival otherwise you will not be permitted to tour.
- Children ages 17 and under must be accompanied by parent or legal guardian.
- The sanctuary was not designed to accommodate the public, therefore parking is limited at Save the Chimps. Please arrive no sooner than 30 minutes before your scheduled tour time. Once the tour is completed, we ask that you exit the sanctuary as parking and space is limited. Thank you for understanding.
- The distance of the tour is approximately 1.25 miles on a sandy, unpaved road, with some portions on grass and uneven ground. Each tour is expected to take approximately 90 minutes.
- No pets, smoking, or consuming alcohol will be permitted on property.
- Preferred hotel accommodations include Holiday Inn Express which is the closest hotel to the Sanctuary and offers special rates or Vero Beach Hotel & Spa.
- Recommended airports are Palm Beach International (PBI) or Orlando International (MCO). PBI is closer to the sanctuary.
- Our chimpanzee residents live on 3-acre islands or in large enclosures with semi natural habitat. Please do not share photos and videos of our chimpanzee residents behind bars due to the misleading image this can portray of our sanctuary.
Directions to the sanctuary will be provided in your email confirmation and email reminders. Please note that Midway Road is closed west of 95 so if you are coming from the south, leave extra time to detour north to Okeechobee Rd.
A signed waiver will be required for entrance to the sanctuary. Please download a waiver form for each individual who will be touring the sanctuary.
For questions about this special event, please call the sanctuary at 772-429-2225 or send an inquiry through email to firstname.lastname@example.org.