Online registration for Chimpathon is open!
(USATF certified course #FL15009EBM)
There is no other race like it in the world!
The course takes you through Save the Chimps – the world’s largest privately funded chimpanzee sanctuary, located in Fort Pierce, Florida. This is a unique opportunity to visit Save the Chimps, which is not open to the public. Enjoy hearing the wonderful sounds of pant-hoots and watching the chimpanzees roam as you run beside their island homes.
|Registration Type||Early Bird||Regular||Race Day|
|From Date to Pay-by Date||Through January 4||January 5 – April 13||April 14, 2019
||Online or mail||Online or mail
(mail must be received by April 13)
|Only if space is available|
- You must be at least 15 years of age on April 14, 2019 to register for Chimpathon due to the length and nature of the course.
- Participants must be in good health and physically prepared to take on the challenges of this course.
- Walkers are welcome!
Goody bag with fun items from Save the Chimps and sponsors, short-sleeve shirt, bib and timing chip, water and electrolyte-replacement on course, post-race refreshments, finisher’s medal, bag check and an unforgettable experience.
Race numbers are required to participate in this event.
Saturday, April 13th, 11:00 am – 5:00 pm
Runner’s Depot of Vero Beach
436 21st Street
Vero Beach, FL 32960
Race Day, Sunday, April 15th, 6:00 am – 7:00 am
St. Lucie County Fairgrounds
15601 W. Midway Rd
Fort Pierce, FL 34945
*Racers must show a valid photo ID and sign a Save the Chimps Liability Waiver to receive their packets.
- Racers will be permitted restricted-access to run or walk through the Save the Chimps Sanctuary during this event.
- Racers will not be permitted to come into contact with any chimpanzee and must agree to stay on the marked course at all times.
- Due to the nature of the course and the inherent risks involved, racers must sign the Save the Chimps Liability Waiver when they register.
- Download a copy of the waiver
We adhere to the standard running industry policy – All registration fees are non-refundable. Upon request, your t-shirt may be mailed to you after the event. Medals are reserved for finishers only.