Area Information for Fort Pierce, Florida
Four International airports are convenient to Fort Pierce, Florida. West Palm Beach (PBI) is one hour south, Fort Lauderdale (FLL) is less than two hours south, Melbourne (MLB) is one hour north, and Orlando (MCO) is less than two hours north-west. There are several executive airports in the vicinity as well.
St. Lucie County Fairgrounds
- From Florida’s Turnpike (North or South): Exit 152 (Ft. Pierce) turn west onto State Route 70 (Okeechobee Rd.) and drive 6.5 miles
- From Interstate 95 (North): Exit 126 (Midway Road) and go west 4.5 miles
- From Interstate 95 (South): Exit 129 (Okeechobee Rd.) and go west 7 miles
Fun Things to do on Florida’s Treasure Coast
Treasure Coast, an area of reefs and beaches on Florida’s central East Coast provides a great wealth of entertainment and recreational opportunities.
- Take a motorized kayak tour of the Indian River Lagoon.
- Visit the St. Lucie Mets Stadium for a NY Mets spring training game.
- Visit the A.E. Backus Museum & Gallery of Fort Pierce for old Florida art.
- Are you ready to soak up some tropical sun? Treasure Coast has miles of beaches – for swimming, surfing, snorkeling, horseback riding, and sunbathing.
- The Downtown Farmer’s Market in Fort Pierce every Saturday from September through May is a feast for all your senses.
- The Florida Oceanographic Coastal Center in Stuart and the Manatee Observation and Education Center in Fort Pierce have fascinating displays for the nature lover.
- Fort Pierce’s waterfront is the place to go for a chartered deep-sea fishing trip.
- You can wander through a Japanese Garden, Herb Garden, Rainforest Display, and Palm Walk – all at Heathcote Botanical Gardens.
- Fort Pierce is home to the Navy Seal Museum that features the lifeboat that was the center of the hijacking of Captain Philips’ ship
- A list of things to do in Florida would not be complete without a mention of golfing. PGA Village in Port St. Lucie is ranked among the 75 Best Golf Resorts by Golf Digest.
Holiday Inn Express, Fort Pierce, Florida
Vero Beach Hotel & Spa , Vero Beach, Florida