Thank you for your interest in volunteering at Save the Chimps. Volunteers play an important role in ensuring our beloved chimpanzee residents have all that they need to thrive and live peaceful and dignified lives. We look forward to having you be a part of our chimpanzee family!
Upcoming Volunteer Orientation Dates:
January – 25 & 27
March – 10 & 15
May – 12 & 24
July – 14 & 19
September – 15 & 20
November – 3 & 15
Applications must be received a minimum of five (5) days prior to the orientation date. Orientation is conducted at the Sanctuary by our Volunteer & Outreach Coordinator and Safety Officer, and lasts approximately three hours. An outline of our safety procedures and volunteers duties will be reviewed followed by a short tour of the Sanctuary.
Volunteer candidates must meet the following criteria:
• 18 years of age on the first day of their volunteer experience
• Current member of Save the Chimps
• Submit a completed volunteer application
• Provide written proof of a Negative TB test taken within one year of your volunteer start date
• Attend an orientation session prior to beginning their volunteer experience
A primary duty for volunteers is preparing meals and enrichment devices for the chimpanzees. Please advise us of any food allergies you may have.
To schedule your volunteer orientation or for more information, email our Volunteer & Outreach Coordinator, Monica Naranjo, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 772.429.2225.