Become a Volunteer
Thank you for your interest in volunteering at Save the Chimps. Caring for nearly 250 rescued chimpanzees is a 365 day a year job. We couldn’t do it without the help of our devoted volunteers.
Top 5 Reasons to Volunteer at Save the Chimps:
- You will lead by example – developing, promoting, and assisting in programs that benefit the chimps.
- You’ll save the Sanctuary resources, so more money can be spent directly on the chimps.
- You’ll spend time with others who share your passion for chimpanzees…while making 900 peanut butter & jelly sandwiches for the chimps to eat!
- You’ll put a smile on a chimp’s face when they discover the enrichment you made for them – hidden on their island.
- You will make a difference in the lives of more than 250 rescued chimpanzees – it’s your support that makes our work possible and gives the chimps the lives they deserve.
…All while hearing the wonderful sounds of chimpanzees pant-hooting and roaming their beautiful island home.
For preferred hotel accommodations and discounted rates click here, or please contact your volunteer coordinator.
- There is no physical contact with the chimpanzees.
- Interested volunteers must provide proof of a current (within 1 year) negative TB test.
- On-site volunteers must be 18 years or older and participate in STC’s orientation prior to volunteering.
- Volunteers must be able to run or swim in the face of danger.