It’s almost here!
Saturday, September 17th
We hope you are as excited as we are about your visit to Save the Chimps.
We look forward to sharing with you the magic of the Sanctuary and introducing you to some of our amazing chimpanzee residents. Click here for a glimpse at what Member Day looks like »
We recommend using the directions provided. Considering the Sanctuary’s remote location, not all GPS systems are able to properly locate the Sanctuary.
Click here for an entrance waiver »
A completed and signed waiver is required upon entering the Sanctuary. One per household is required.
For questions or to confirm your tour time, please contact email@example.com or call 772.429.2225.
Rain or Shine
We want you to be prepared and comfortable so that you can enjoy the experience! The tours last approximately 90 minutes, so please consider wearing or bringing the following items:
- Sunscreen, insect repellent
- Hat, visor
- Rain jacket, poncho, umbrellas, rain boots
- Closed-toe shoes – you will be walking on both grassy areas and an unpaved dirt road.
- Regardless of weather, bring your camera and binoculars for a better view!
Gifts for the Chimps
- Plastic kiddie pools
- Apple sauce
- Raisins, craisins, other dried fruit
- Unsalted nuts in shells
- Fruit juice (no sugar added)
- Peanut butter and jam (no sugar added)
- Fleece blankets
- Stuffed animals, toddler-safe toys, Basketballs, soccer balls
- Laundry detergent, Dish detergent
- Hand sanitizer, Paper towels
- Canvases, paint brushes, non-toxic paint
Anyone who donates wish list items on Member Day will receive a raffle ticket and have a chance to win a collection of Save the Chimps swag!
Visit our wish list page for a full list of items. Thank you for your generosity and support!
Bring your camera and participate in our Member Day photo contest!
Don’t miss this opportunity to capture beautiful moments of the chimpanzees roaming their island homes. Cameras with a longer lens are ideal.
We encourage you to share your photos on social media and help us spread the word about the work we do.
Member Day Photo Contest!
Submit your photos to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on Tuesday, September 20th. Photos will be uploaded to Save the Chimps’ Facebook page, and the photo with the most likes on September 23rd will win an original piece of chimp art!
2015 Member Day Photo Contest Winner
By submitting photos, Save the Chimps has permission to use them at the discretion of the Sanctuary. Save the Chimps will provide credit on all images used.
A Special Thanks to our Sponsors: