Online registration for Chimpathon is open!
(USATF certified course #FL15009EBM)
There is no other race like it in the world!
The course takes you through Save the Chimps – the world’s largest chimpanzee sanctuary, located in Fort Pierce, Florida. This is a unique opportunity to visit Save the Chimps, which is not open to the public. Enjoy hearing the wonderful sounds of pant-hoots and watching the chimpanzees roam as you run beside their island homes.
|Registration Type||Early Bird||Regular||Race Day|
|From Date to Pay-by Date||Through February 18th||February 19 – April 13||April 15, 2018
||Online or mail||Online or mail
(must be received by April 13)
|Only if space is available|
- You must be at least 15 years of age on April 15, 2018 to register for Chimpathon due to the length and nature of the course.
- Participants must be in good health and physically prepared to take on the challenges of this course.
- Walkers are welcome!
Registration is open.
Race Day Registration may be available for a limited time (6 am – 7 am) on race day, subject to space available. Race t-shirts cannot be guaranteed to late registrants.
Goody bag, brandana, short-sleeve shirt, bib and timing chip, water and electrolyte-replacement on course, post-race refreshments, finisher’s medal, bag check and an unforgettable experience.
Race numbers are required to participate in this event.
Packet pick-up times tba
*Racers must show a valid photo ID and sign a Save the Chimps Liability Waiver to receive their packets.
- Racers will be permitted restricted-access to run or walk through the Save the Chimps Sanctuary during this event.
- Racers will not be permitted to come into contact with any chimpanzee and must agree to stay on the marked course at all times.
- Due to the nature of the course and the inherent risks involved, racers must sign the Save the Chimps Liability Waiver when they register.
- Download a copy of the waiver by clicking on the icon at left.
We adhere to the standard running industry policy – All registration fees are non-refundable. Upon request, your t-shirt may be mailed to you after the event. Medals are reserved for finishers only.